Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dream Theater

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bkm723
SONS OF THE UNION
SONS OF THE UNION

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Dream Theater Empty
PostSubject: Dream Theater   Dream Theater EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:59 am

Post your favorite songs/vids here!

Here is Dream Theater live from Seoul, South Korea performing 'In the Presence of Enemies part 1." Enjoy!

http://www.strimoo.com/video/10637795/Dream-Theater-In-The-Presence-Of-Enemies-Pt-1-Seoul-2008-MySpaceVideos.html
Back to top Go down
TheArtofBalance
SON OF THE UNION / REGULATOR
SON OF THE UNION / REGULATOR
TheArtofBalance

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Dream Theater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater   Dream Theater EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:59 pm

I saw them about 9 months ago and my wife took an awesome video of them performing Surrounded, its awesome I'll have to look for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theartofba1ance
bkm723
SONS OF THE UNION
SONS OF THE UNION

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Dream Theater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater   Dream Theater EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:29 am

Nice! You have any favorite songs or albums?
Back to top Go down
haskell420
PROBATE
PROBATE

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Dream Theater Empty
PostSubject: Dream Theater Story and more   Dream Theater EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:31 pm

bkm723 wrote:
Post your favorite songs/vids here!

Here is Dream Theater live from Seoul, South Korea performing 'In the Presence of Enemies part 1." Enjoy!

http://www.strimoo.com/video/10637795/Dream-Theater-In-The-Presence-Of-Enemies-Pt-1-Seoul-2008-MySpaceVideos.html

God I LOVE Dream Theater. I met them back in 1988 out here on Long Island when they played at a rock club I worked at. I was 17 1/2, and met the owners of the club through a mutual friend who I bowled with. They were in their late 20's, early 30's, and were very cool. They invited me to come down to the club, and I told them I was only 17, and it was 18 to get in. So one of the owners, Dave, said no problem, just tell the big guy at the door Eric I invited you. OK Cool.

So I go down on a Friday night, there's a line out the door, and this was late 80's, where girls would go into rock clubs wearing bras only and a skirt, or ripped denim pants, fishnet's. If any of you are old enough to know what I am talking about lol..ahhhhh memories...heavy metal women were always sexy AND slutty.. lol.

Anyway, I got into the club and made my way back to the office and would hang out. This went on for months, every Friday and Saturday night I would be their. The 1st show I saw their was Testament. AWESOME show...After a while, the owner Dave, asked if I wanted to work the light board for a show. I said yea, and I was decent at it.
Fast forward and now I am "hanging out" every weekend etc, fand on Firdays I would ge their at like 1pm, and help setting up the lighting, Cans etc.

One Friday night, after I was their, went home and came back, their was a huge friggan line going down the sidewalk and all I thought was, WTF is this lol... I get inside, and I'm told their's a band called Dream Theater playing tonight and were gonna be packed! I asked who are they, where from, what do they play, their sound etc.. and I'm told their from Long Island, nice guys, and then I'm told "dude, just watch the show OK?"...Umm..ok....(??) I was told they played here like 4 months earlier and the place was busy as hell, and they were awesome. Fine. Needless to say, 11pm comes, I'm in the lighting booth, and I look down and the place is PACKED, I mean PACKED.

Dave's doing the lights and the show goes on. and within the 1st minute I'm hooked so to speak. Loving their sound, I'm staring at the stage and just in disbelief at how good they sounded but moreso, how the songs they were playing all kicked ass, then near the end of the set, they play Pull Me Under, and the place exploded. Now I'm headbanging, fist in the air pumping. The show ends after their 2nd set which was about 1am roughly.

I'm now in the back office and Dave says, well?.. I just start babbling on how awesome they were and on and on. One of the band members stops in to get paid. That show, they were getting $5 bucks a head for everyone who said they were their to see Dream Theater. ($5 bucks a head..lol). It ends up being Mike Portnoy they say Mike, this is Haskell.. he says whats up man, nice to meet you. I reply in kind and say how awesome they were and so forth. He says thanks, then the owners Jeff, and Dave are gushing at how much better they sounded compared to the last show, only 4 months prior. And even then they sounded great.

I don't remember the exact head count but the place at Max capacity if I remember correctly the sign said 600 people, and which we all know, is NEVER followed LOL.
I don't remember the exact money they got, but it was really good, and Dave tossed em a bonus for packing the place. They talked back n forth and Mike said they would love to come back, but their doing a little tour going around. Hitting the city, Jersey, Philly etc..

Well, the coming summer I find out their coming again! SWEET. The night of the show was expected by their usual fans, but now since word of mouth spread from the last show, and how awesome this band actually was, we knew it was gonna be a hectic and crazy night. That was a understatement. There was a line going down the sidewalk down past a row of stores, and wrapped around them. There was another door wrapped around the building on the other side. Their were fights of course, pushing etc. Normal BS.. I'm in the office and make my way to the light and sound booth. I look out over the crowd and it is crammed. At least 750, maybe even 800 people. Fire Code..PFFT..lol
The show went off, they blew everyone away and it was amazing.

I saw the Spin Doctors who opened for a band called Jetboy..... We had 2 bands playing one Saturday night and it was Ugly Kid Joe, who opened for Testament!
I still got a few picks from that show somewhere. Man that was a awesome night. Cinderella, Slaughter, Vixen, Lita Ford and more.

Another awesome night was when the band Green Jello played. Now I don't know if anyone is old enough to know, but they did a song called, "3 Little Pigs".... They played and were pretty good, and now they were on the tour bus. I'm in the office and Dave tells me to bring a case of beer to the band on the bus! SWEET! I bring over the case, and the guy at the tour bus door asks who I am? (Um I'm carring a case of beer to the band, and I'm asked who am I?? lol) I say I have the beer they wanted and he says cool, and opens the door. I walk up the steps and say KNOCK KNOCK someone order a beer? And a bunch of people turn to me, 2 of them in costumes, a few hotties, and I hear Yeahhh.. I now see a bong getting hit, a joint being passed, and I ask where do they want it and I'm told on that table. As I put it down, I say that was a awesome show and you guys were awesome. I get a bunch of thanks and someone asks if I want their autogrpahs? Hell yeah thanks. So they pull out a Green Jello cartooned posted and everyone signs in. Shitman had the biggest signature.

Now over the time I worked their I saw a shit load of bands. I helped with the lights shows, went to a metal clubn called Uncle Phil's where the Sparks house band was called Strike Twice, played and opened for Overkill.

Now picture this: Your standing facing the stage, dead center . I would be to your right, about 5 feet over, and 8 feet back from the front of the stage. I turn my head and look to my friend Scotty, and say, Scotty, this is fukking GREAT!
As I start turning my head back towards the stage, some guy leaps off the stage, and as soon as my face sees the front of the stage, this guy just plows into me and I'm knocked backwards. Now I didn't fall, but when he landed on my face, lol, it broke the top rim of my glasses, the spot right above your nose, where a nerd puts the white tape.
When he hit me, that top rim broke, and 1 side of it punctured my skin right between my eyes and went in maybe 2, 3 cm's or so. My friend is laughing his ass off, I mean, he is ROLLING..lol..

My head kinda hurts, but now I'm feeling really sweaty. Well it wasn't sweat, it was blood just dripping down my nose, corner of my eye etc. I make my way down to the restroom and the guy working the restroom attendent is not even moving, he's just staring at me with the oh my god look going on. Some dude comes out from taking a shit, sees me, and says, yeah man ROCK ON!!.... I clean myself up as best as I can, but a big friggan cigar and start puffin away and make my way back to my friends, and Scotty says, dude, here's your glasses where it is now missing a lens. SOB My glasses! Dammit. (I just spenjt $180 on them 2 days prior)

He's now rolling again, mocking me, "Haskell this is great, and pretends to get knocked over. Well the show ends, and I need to find my lens. I know it sounds stupid, but when you pay almost 200 bucks for glasses, back in 1989, I NEED it back lol.. The place clears out, it's 4am and some guy is now sweeping up the floor. I go and ask him if he found my lens? The guy bends down, and shows us a cut cardboard boz that has 2 wallets a watch, earings, and 7 LENSES lol... So i wasn't the only one to get knocked in the face lol.. What a show! lol

I
Back to top Go down
Melli_Murder
CLUB MEMBER
CLUB MEMBER
Melli_Murder

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Dream Theater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater   Dream Theater EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Haskell, you're pretty lucky bring down there in the LI/NYC area. You're exposed to so much good music, and a lot of great bands get there start there. Up here near Albany, a mere 3 hours away it's like a dead zone. Ozzfest came by once about 9 years ago and that was the end of that. We did get to see Dream Theater at an armory almost a year ago now, they really put on a fantastic show. Really killer shows come around up here once a year if we're lucky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/MelliAngel1980
EonBlue

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Dream Theater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater   Dream Theater EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Saw Dream Theatre a few years back........Pull Me Under closed the night out - intense song live. Great prog band, right up there with Porcupine Tree in my book....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dream Theater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater   Dream Theater Empty

Back to top Go down

Dream Theater
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: -- METAL -- :: POWER / PROGRESSIVE METAL-
Jump to: